Dai.

J'net asked me to post this in her place, since she's in Scotland waiting to see Green Day:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE WAIT IS OVER!!! This week’s Song of the Week is Waiting. Please use this thread to discuss your thoughts and feelings about the song.

I know many of you have a personal reason for wanting this to be the song of the week. We are in the month of October, which is the album’s “birth” month. Many of you are finally seeing the fulfillment of your long wait to see Green Day, and many of you may have other reasons. However, I’m being completely selfish in choosing today to release Waiting as the Song of the Week. Today is the official beginning of Rocktober in the UK/Ireland, and Green Day will kick it off with a show in Glasgow, Scotland … which I’m attending! Now I know some of you may not think I’ve been waiting a long time for this, but let me tell you something … when you’ve seen Green Day perform eleven times in one year and suddenly go cold turkey for two months, it seems like forever! There is also a WHOLE CROWD of people who have been waiting for the true, official beginning of Rocktober, which is TODAY, in case you didn’t pick up on that the first time I said it.

As I’m posting this, I am in Glasgow preparing to go line up to see Green Day. I’ve been in withdrawals for so long, I don’t know if I can wait till this evening!!!

So, here we go … I give you … Waiting.

The album Warning was released in October 2000 and went gold, reaching number 4 on the charts. Waiting was released as a single from the album and reached position 26 on the charts.

My favorite youtube video of this song has to be this one:

The look of outrage delights me every time and makes me grin like the idiot I am biggrin.gif.

Waiting Lyrics

I've been waiting a long time

For this moment to come

I'm destined

For anything...at all

Downtown lights will be shining

On me like a diamond ring out

Under the midnight hour

No one can touch me now

And I can't turn my back

It's too late ready or not at all

I'm so much closer than

I have ever known...

Wake up

Dawning of a new era

Calling...don't let it catch you falling

Ready or not at all

So close enough to taste it

Almost...I can embrace this

Feeling....on the tip of my tongue

I'm so much closer than

I have ever known...

Wake up

Better thank your lucky stars....

I've been waiting a lifetime

For this moment to come

I'm destined for anything at all

Dumbstruck

Color me stupid

Good luck

You're gonna need it

Where I'm going if I get there...

At all....

Wake up

Better thank your lucky stars....

Yes indeed, I’ve been waiting a long time. But I won’t be waiting much longer woot.gif!!!

Now, since so many of you have been waiting for this to be the Song of the Week, I want to hear all about why it’s such a special song for you. Don’t just tell me you love this song, tell me WHY! I'll be checking in every chance I get to read your thoughts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can nominate songs for discussion as Song of the Week in the Song Discussions thread, which contains links to each previous Song of the Week from 9/14/2009 forward in its original post.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This song is one of my favorite songs of all time. It's so pure and I always seem to get new hope whenever I hear it.

I called it in the "Uptight" thread! :D

I adore this song. It's my ultimate "I'm having a shit day and I hate myself" pick me up song. Because it makes me feel so happy and hopeful. That sounds cheesy, but I don't care. I just feel so good when I listen to the song, I feel invincible..."don't call me stupid", I realize I'm not perfect, but still, don't doubt me.

It's a great love song, without overtly being a love song.

I hope to hear it live someday!

This song is one of my all time favorites. It makes me feel so happy whenever i hear it, and it gives me a new sense of hope. Everything's just so uplifting, and it brings back some great memories for me. I love it so much :wub:

Yay, Waiting! I love this song, it is probably one of my favorites. And it is on Warning!

Anyway, yea this song is awesome and makes me happy when I listen to it. And I wrote about it in my English paper!

I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH.

It makes me sooo happy for some reason. It's just a happy song for me. Every time I listen to it I think about how excited I am to see them live. I wish they would play this.

and I love that youtube clip, I've only watched it about 5 million times.

This makes me happy, because Waiting is one of my favorite songs! I really feel like i can relate to it in so many different ways. Its just really amazing, Warning is my second favorite album, 21st Century Breakdown is first :wub:

I love this song! Its definitely one of my favorites! Its also the one my tattoo is based on. :wub:

I love this song! Its definitely one of my favorites! Its also the one my tattoo is based on. :wub:

What's your tattoo? :happy:

when i first got into Green Day and started listening to their older stuff, i had a phase where i was like obsessed with this song. I listened to it like a gazillion times and watched the video to it a bunch. I cant even explain why i loved this song so much lol...i think my fave verse is "Dumbstruck/ Color me stupid/ Good luck/ You're gonna need it/ Where I'm going if I get there...At all...."

i have a tattoo with three stars and they say Rage and Love inside them (one word for each), they're my lucky stars lol

You forgot to add some important info! Its melody is taken from the song "Downtown"? (Not sure who by)

I use to be madly in love with this song, I still really like it!

I sometimes think, why Waiting isn't played often in the radio..It would be good..And I think the video is great..Well, Marc Webb :D

I knew you were saving this song for the UK tour week! Well, as nice person as you are I think we can forgive you being selfish this time :D

Haha, I've not seen that video in ages, his expression is priceless!

I used to not like this song all that much but recently I've grown to absolutly love it :wub:

I love Waiting.

It's my personal favorite from all Green Day songs.

I would die for this song, it means so much for me :wub:

edit: to the video, since i was watching this video it had become my favorite for all the time.

I really love this song :wub: I it's difficult for me to pick a favorite song from warning, but waiting is definitely one of them.

Archived