Billie Joe in interview with Emily's Army

desertrose

Billie Joe has a small clip and Joey talks about his dad.

Emily's Army Rocks Beyond Their Years

While they are still teenagers, the Oakland-based Emily's Army sounds like pop-punk veterans. That should comes as no surprise since Billie Joe Armstrong produced the record, and is dad to the drummer, Joey Armstrong. (Aug. 19)

Billie Joe and Emily's Army

This is probably more Emily's Army related, but I thought it was a good video. Maybe gets more views from here.

For anyone in the bay area-Emily's Army is playing at the UPTOWN in Oakland TONIGHT 8/25 at 10PM $10 cover. 21 and over

Emily's Army

@EmilysArmy Emily's Army

We go on at 10 tonight everyone old(21+) come to the uptown!

2 hours ago

Great interview!

Thanks for posting! I was very bored today, so thank you for finding this! :thumbsup:

cute interivew. they looked so enthused.

I don't get how a show with a teenage band is 21+

This is a great interview!! Too bad it wasn't a little longer.

I had the opportunity to see Emily's Army a few weeks ago. These guys are so talented . . . it was great to see them live!! They're so full of enthusiam and energy. They're songs are very catchy and well written.

I was fortunate enough to speak with them before and after the show and they're really a bunch of nice guys. They were genuine and excited to spend time with their fans.

I wish Emily's Army the best of luck!!

When I was in high school we regularly played at bars. We had our table, and we weren't allowed to roam around, it was either at the table, on stage, or outside.

I always felt badass going to school the following Monday (we usually played Friday or Saturday) thinking "fuck yeah, we were playing at the bar. you other loser kids weren't"

I'm sure it was a lovely interview, but I was a bit distracted by Travis' dorky spacing out look. :lol: Max stayed so quiet.

I thought it was cool the way he talked about his dad. I mean, i think they are trying to keep EA as seperate from GD as they can just so they can make a name for themselves, but it was nice to hear him say that stuff. I mean, doing music with your dad instead of fishing with your dad... that's kind of cool.

And it cracked me up that they were in bars too. Wasn't there a green day gig where somebody wasn't over 21 yet and they had to play out in the alleyway behind the club or something? i dunno maybe that was some other band. It's a little crazy. Not that i wasn't in bars before i was 21 myself, but wow, not when i was 16...

Also i am biased sort of because i look at them and feel like, holy shit they're young, i'm old enough to be joey's mom technically. But i was into music at their age, and i did what they're doing. I had a funny conversation with Joel Reader (from the Fatal Flaw, who played with them in Massachusetts)... Joel was in a band called the Mr. T Experience when he was 17 (classic Lookout band, check them out.) That is when i met him, i am three years younger than him. That was in 1995ish. Joel and the Mr t experience OPENED FOR GREEN DAY on the insomniac tour i think, in europe. So, he'd probably met joey before, when he was an infant! So we were sitting at the back of the bar discussing this and joel was just like, "holy shit, did we look that young? OMG DID I LOOK THAT YOUNG? Holy shit, i'm old enough to be their father..."

Fact is, he kinda did look that young. I didn't tell him that but i've got the posters to prove it. Oh well. It's tough getting old, guys. Don't do it. Now somebody get me my cane...

It is pretty cool for them I'm sure to play bars where everyone is older and they're not legal. I remember reading something about Johnny Depp, who was in a band as a teenager, he was like the only one underage, and they had to sneak him in the back to do bar shows and then split the second it was over. (Also an aside: his band got to open for Iggy Pop and the Ramones in the 80s!)

Joey has the same kind of expressions and way of speaking as Billie. I didn't think they looked much alike when he was little, but I think he's growing into it.

:lol: I laughed at the idea of them taking until watching School of Rock to decide to form a band. Because, obviously, Joey had no musical influences in his life. I know what they meant, but it was still funny to hear.

Thanks a lot for posting! A friend of mine send me the link a few days before and I had lost it. So it's great to see it again :)

That was cute! And they have such a good attitude. Seem like a lovely bunch of lads.

I don't think Joey sounds that much like Billie :lol:. Definitely some similarities though, as you'd expect.

Emily's Army opened for the other two bands. They were allowed to walk around until the other bands were about to start and then security told them they had to leave. They were really gracious and appreciative as they thanked security for letting them hang around. They were so sweet.

That was cute! And they have such a good attitude. Seem like a lovely bunch of lads.

I don't think Joey sounds that much like Billie :lol:. Definitely some similarities though, as you'd expect.

They truly are an extremely lovely bunch of guys. I can't get over how well mannered they are in person. They are a breath of fresh air.

I'm sure it was a lovely interview, but I was a bit distracted by Travis' dorky spacing out look. :lol: Max stayed so quiet.

Max is always so quiet!

I think it´s cool that Billie Joe gave them just tips and let them doing their own thing. the interview is really cute!

thanks for posting it!

Archived