Billie Joe And Michael Mayer interview January 9th 2011

Robin105

I saw this was posted in the American Idiot Musical thread but there was no actual thread for it. Seems like there is going to be another Billie Joe And Michael Mayer interview on January 9th 2011 at The Times Center in NYC. Tickets are $30. More info here.

I'm so excited for this! 4 days after my birthday and I'm going with my best friend!

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember seeing some mention of an interview on a random corner of a page in the New York Times Magazine months ago. I have been feverishly checking the NYT site since. So glad tickets are on sale.

Now I have something GD related to look forward to again. :dance:

I totally shouldn't be going to this since I don't have a job anymore and my bank account balance is so low it's scary.

But I am anyway. :)

I totally shouldn't be going to this since I don't have a job anymore and my bank account balance is so low it's scary.

But I am anyway. :)

Woo. :)

You on the going part, not on the low bank account part. I know the feeling.

Dude...Toys R Us is hiring hella people. Try them if you didn't.

I swear, I was thinking, "It would be so cool if I could have a winter Green Day adventure around my birthday."

and BAM! Green Day adventure...in the winter...around my birthday. :cool:

Woo. :)

You on the going part, not on the low bank account part. I know the feeling.

Dude...Toys R Us is hiring hella people. Try them if you didn't.

I swear, I was thinking, "It would be so cool if I could have a winter Green Day adventure around my birthday."

and BAM! Green Day adventure...in the winter...around my birthday. :cool:

:woot: So excited for this already

Oooh cool, thanks

:D I'ma call Target and demand my job back for the holidays. And if that doesn't work I shall be a Toys R Us Kid :woot:

And dude that's awesomeee. I can't help but wonder if Billie's gonna reprise his role as St. Jimmy while he's here. omg.

:woot: So excited for this already

Oooh cool, thanks

:D I'ma call Target and demand my job back for the holidays. And if that doesn't work I shall be a Toys R Us Kid :woot:

And dude that's awesomeee. I can't help but wonder if Billie's gonna reprise his role as St. Jimmy while he's here. omg.

:woot: Me too! I don't know when I'm getting my first check but, when I get it...I'm getting my ticket.

Oh wait...my mom owes me money for doing my sister's homework. That's more than $30.00. Fuck yes. I'm asking her tomorrow.

No problem. I just got hired there today. And they're still looking for people. For the interview, you get to build shit with Legos and pick a toy that describes you.

:woot:

omg. Holy shit...holy...shit. I can't even fathom the thought.

You make a good point there. I hope it happens.

:woot: Me too! I don't know when I'm getting my first check but, when I get it...I'm getting my ticket.

Oh wait...my mom owes me money for doing my sister's homework. That's more than $30.00. Fuck yes. I'm asking her tomorrow.

No problem. I just got hired there today. And they're still looking for people. For the interview, you get to build shit with Legos and pick a toy that describes you.

:woot:

omg. Holy shit...holy...shit. I can't even fathom the thought.

You make a good point there. I hope it happens.

THAT'S SO FUCKING RIDICULOUS OMG. SO AWESOME I CAN'T EVEN

He needs to be St. Jimmy again, seriously. He can't just come to NY for one day for one interview and then go right back to Oakland, that wouldn't make much sense. :shifty:

On another note, the day/time they're having this is really weird. It's a Sunday night, there's a performance then. So I guess Johnny would have someone else filling in for the night. weird

THAT'S SO FUCKING RIDICULOUS OMG. SO AWESOME I CAN'T EVEN

He needs to be St. Jimmy again, seriously. He can't just come to NY for one day for one interview and then go right back to Oakland, that wouldn't make much sense. :shifty:

On another note, the day/time they're having this is really weird. It's a Sunday night, there's a performance then. So I guess Johnny would have someone else filling in for the night. weird

I KNOW! I WAS SPAZZING THROUGH THE WHOLE DAMN INTERVIEW. RADDA RADDA.

He does need to be St. Jimmy again. I mean, he did say that hopefully that he would like to do it again. Maybe this is the 'hopefully'.

Or...he has something else up his little sleeve. :shifty:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. idk what they're gonna do about that one.

After I read about this I told my hubby that a trip to New York and tickets to see this would be a perfect birthday present. His response was peals of laughter. Somehow I think I liked the idea better than he did! :unsure:

I also have a sneaking suspicion that St Billie might make a comeback. Let's hope so. Nice to have some exciting news for a change since the last few weeks have been a bit slow in that regard.

You New Yorkers have had it waaay to easy this past year when it comes to seeing Green Day... or, Billie Joe at least.

But seriously. It's getting annoying :D

FFS Im gonna be in NYC from the 26 - 31 Jan. Damn you Billiam :mad:

Haha you know what Darren, I was in the exact same situation when I learned about the interview they were gonna do on September 19th and I knew I was gonna be in NYC from Sept 30th, I was SO frustrated with the timing... But then I got to see St. Billie instead! :woot:

So you never know what might happen :)

I'm looking at my bank balance right now and... I could just scrape enough money to make it to NY and see this, but no where near enough money to do anything else. or eat.

D:

*must have more self control*

it's not even the end of the year and they're planning this talk now?!

Omg... Why the fuck don't I live in NYC? I'm seriously trying to convince my mom to let me go. Actually I've never been to NYC but have always wanted to, so this would be a great opportunity. I won't be having classes on January 9th anyway :P

Okay, I'd better stop daydreaming.

Megubus to New York City here I come :dance::bunny::banana:

$35 bucks for a ticket

$16 for transportation

what more could you ask for eh...now about those hotel expenses...fml.

I wonder if I could somehow sneak up to NY early.....?

I probably can't. Damn it. =/ Have fun, whoever is going!

Archived