Green Day Quotes' chasing.

LetItBeHappy

Ok, when I first found GDA, years ago, one of the first things I did was to read all the quotes they had from Green Day. A few weeks ago, I happened to re-read them, and I realise that there are lots that I have no idea where they are from. So I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me find a few ones, and I'm pretty sure that I can help too with other quotes.

The ones that have me in eternal wonder are...

From Billie Joe:

"School is practice for the future, and practice makes perfect, and nobodies perfect, so why practice?"
SOLVED. At least in this interview, it was said by Mike, on 3:56. Thanks to Smart-assed Nimrod

"Our passion is our strength."

"Adrienne is the only woman I will ever love."
SOLVED: It's from a VH1 interview on Dookie, that you can read here. Thanks to Sandra (Foxboro Hot Tubs)

From Mike:

"Green day is like sex, when were good, were really good, when were bad . . . were still pretty damn good."

"All my religious beliefs are based on Star Wars."
SOLVED. The interview is here. Thanks, Hermione!

From Tré:

"You know, I knew the day that George Bush was elected president that we were in deep, deep sh-t. I knew it. I was like, 'Well, some sh-t's gonna hit the fan now,' 'cause, you know, the Bush family's been in the politics business for way too long to not have crazy enemies."

"``Satan. Satan, Satan,'' he chanted. ``That's what's different. We're all firm believers in Satan now. We think Satan is cool. ``How the fuck do you think a band like Green Day got popular?'' (talking about how he doesn't belive they sold out)"

SOLVED. He said it at the end of this interview. Thanks, Fanny!

The one I'd like to see/read is the one on GDA about Tre not needing to use a condom because of his huge, overlapping foreskin :lol:

SOLVED:

Oh and that rather disturbing Tre one, came from an interview/article with the band while they were here for V festival in 1998. I read it somewhere online a while back. That's also where Billie's "Tre, you might get laid!" quote about the All Saints is from. To go even further into that, that's how the quote came up. Billie said that because he'd just found out they were playing the festival too, and then the interviewer said that one of them was actually pregnant, so Tre was all, "Great, then I won't even have to use a condom". And that's when Mike popped up with that wonderful little quote. :)

Thanks to, obviously, achin' to be!

if this is not thread worthy, fine, but give it a freaking chance :lol: anyways, thanks!

and if anyone post a ibc, i'll track you down and kill you, but no pressure on you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually there are quite a few quotes id like to know the origin of aswell.

The one I'd like to see/read is the one on GDA about Tre not needing to use a condom because of his huge, overlapping foreskin :lol:

I wanna know how the fuck that came about!

I always wondered about the first quote since I've actually heard Tre say it in an interview but everyone says that Billie said it. :huh:

actually, the fuck is most likely where that came about.

;)

I was thinking on doing a thread like this a while ago :o

It's a really good idea, I think, but maybe it doesn't get many answers...

And how about; 'I have a homosexual crush on most adolescents.' GDA used to state that Billie Joe said this, but now it says that Tré did! :blink:

And how about; 'I have a homosexual crush on most adolescents.' GDA used to state that Billie Joe said this, but now it says that Tré did! :blink:

sounds like a Tre thing to say :lol:

I feel like I've heard most of those but I'm sure it was from GDA, so yea, I'm no help XD

I had an app on my phone called "BillieJoeIsms". A lot of them I've heard before but some of them don't even sound like something he would say ..

I feel like I've heard most of those but I'm sure it was from GDA, so yea, I'm no help XD

I had an app on my phone called "BillieJoeIsms". A lot of them I've heard before but some of them don't even sound like something he would say ..

You have an app called "Billie Joeisms?" That is awesome.

Andres got some 'splainin' to do.

^ Yeah, they're all from GDC, but I'd like to have the original source! :lol:

I was thinking on doing a thread like this a while ago :o

It's a really good idea, I think, but maybe it doesn't get many answers...

Yeah, I wanted to do it a long time ago, and now I finally did and I'm getting no answer :lol:

You have an app called "Billie Joeisms?" That is awesome.

Yea it's free on Android. I was so excited at first but its not much fun anymore. I only keep it because the little symbol for it is Billie's head :lol:

Mike's 'Green Day is like sex' quote: I don't know where it origins from, but I do recall reading it in an interview. I'm not sure if I read the 'original' there though, or whether it was like "hey, that quote is also on GDA".

Billie's first quote: not really the origins, but that's not really an original quote, maybe not exactly like that but it's a common saying thing....or maybe not common, but I knew it before I read it on GDA, he highly probably didn't make it up. Not that that helps at all or even matters, but still...... oh well, never mind :lol:

I got your point!

Yay, one less to go! xD

Whenever I hear a good Green Day quote I put it in " " and google it. I've found loads of hilarious interviews and articles that way, online ones and ones from magazines that people have typed out. It's really annoying when I see a good quote and can't find the article to go with it. Trouble is if it's in a magazine scan or a recorded interview there's no way to search for it and find it unless someone else has randomly asked about it somewhere and been given an answer.

I wanna know where that's from too! I've searched but the only place I can find it is in a quotes thread on GDC and on GDA, no source with either of them. Must be from a magazine article that's never been typed out (if it's legit).

Odd that I've only heard it very recently though, sounds like it'd be an old quote. Maybe someone's dug out an old magazine and posted a scan of it somewhere recently? Wish I could find it!

Also I always see that "Adrienne is the only woman I'll ever love" one on those lists of Green Day quotes people put on their youtube profiles etc. I find it strange that I've never seen/heard the interview it's from and I have a strong feeling it's made up.

^ There was someone here that had the whole thing on her sig as a quote, and she didn't even know where it was from D: that quote bugs me, srlsy, and I'm pretty sure is from a magazine, so googling it won't be too helpful

EDIT: Googling I found this from a YouTube Profile:

Adrienne is the only woman I will ever love, if anything, anything at all would ever happen to her, I'd die of a broken heart or better yet, kill myself so I could be with her

I asked her. Maybe we'll get an answer

^ yeah, it sounds to damn elaborate for him... but i'm sure that the first part he must have said it somewhere xD

askdlfjl thanks for that interview!

"``Satan. Satan, Satan,'' he chanted. ``That's what's different. We're all firm believers in Satan now. We think Satan is cool. ``How the fuck do you think a band like Green Day got popular?'' (talking about how he doesn't belive they sold out)"

This sounds like something he said at Wembley Stadium...I dunno I could be wrong, all I know was that he was talking about Satan LOL!

The Adrienne quote - "Adrienne is the only woman i'll ever love" - the only place I ever remember reading that was in an issue of Top Of The Pops like, five years ago. So yeah XD but it was simply that, the second part of the quite was definitely made up.

Oh and that rather disturbing Tre one, came from an interview/article with the band while they were here for V festival in 1998. I read it somewhere online a while back. That's also where Billie's "Tre, you might get laid!" quote about the All Saints is from. To go even further into that, that's how the quote came up. Billie said that because he'd just found out they were playing the festival too, and then the interviewer said that one of them was actually pregnant, so Tre was all, "Great, then I won't even have to use a condom". And that's when Mike popped up with that wonderful little quote. :)

This sounds like something he said at Wembley Stadium...I dunno I could be wrong, all I know was that he was talking about Satan LOL!

naah, it's older =/

The Adrienne quote - "Adrienne is the only woman i'll ever love" - the only place I ever remember reading that was in an issue of Top Of The Pops like, five years ago. So yeah XD but it was simply that, the second part of the quite was definitely made up.

thank you! :woot:

*runs to google the Top Of The Pops article*

Adrienne is the only woman I will ever love, if anything, anything at all would ever happen to her, I'd die of a broken heart or better yet, kill myself so I could be with her

Oh gosh this actually made me cry...why the fuck can't I find a guy like that? Every single guy I've been with has been a fucking douche...Billie and Aarienne's relationship is the only thing that shows me there is true fucking love in this world, they're a godsend...

Oh gosh this actually made me cry...why the fuck can't I find a guy like that? Every single guy I've been with has been a fucking douche...Billie and Aarienne's relationship is the only thing that shows me there is true fucking love in this world, they're a godsend...

I hear you, sister. I hear you loud and clear.

"Adrienne is the only woman I will ever love."

I know where this is from :)

It's from an VH1 interview about the making of 'dookie' from 2002

VH1: So what's it like now for Adrienne to be married to you and your biggest record is filled with songs about another woman?

Billie Joe: I know she likes that song! I've been married for almost eight years, so Adrienne and I are comfortable enough that I've had a past. She's got a past, too. She was engaged, had boyfriends, had flings, and I'm comfortable with that, otherwise I wouldn't be married to her. Adrienne is the only woman I'll ever love.

here's the full interview: click :)

Archived